1) More muscle means higher fat burning metabolism.
-you burn more calories per day & subsequently burn more fat
2) More muscle means a stronger immune system.
- you get sick less often, become more productive
3) Gaining muscle lowers blood pressure and strengthens bones.
- less chance of breaking bones and better overall health
4) Strength training increases energy levels.
- more energy to perform all activities
5) Weightlifting improves athletic performance.
- become a better athlete in your sport of choice, a stronger athlete is a better athlete at all levels
6) Maintaining muscle strength benefits simple daily activities
- easier to lift objects, shovel, dig, walk upstairs, move furniture, etc….
7) Strength training improves physical appearance.
- you look more shapely, attain a "V" shape
8) Weightlifting helps relaxation, promoting a good night's sleep.
- you get to sleep easier and stay asleep
9) Strength training improves balance and coordination.
- stronger muscles enhance your coordination and balance
10) Muscle mass typically declines 30% or more between ages 35 to 65. Weightlifting prevents much of this loss.
- Stay lean and strong as you age!